Information during winter season:
+43 4242 205 60 18
+43 4242 205-0
Villach Alpine Road in Carinthia
The Villach Alpine Road in Carinthia
Spectacular mountain road up to the Dobratsch: experiences and highlights
Adventure Villach Alpine Road, 11 lookout points, Alpengarten and RosstratteFour turns leading quickly up high are waiting for car drivers and bikers right at the beginning of the mountain road. It winds along the brim of the Dobratsch on a wide route leading through an area of great geographical interest. The forest gives way to ample mountain meadows and rocks in the higher part of the route opening up far-reaching, clear views!
• Reach the Aussichtsrast (P1) at an altitude of 770 m after four turns in short succession. Enjoy a stop at the cosy rest stop with large relaxation area!
• Your next destination is the P2 car park, also known as Stadt- und Seenblick. Experience the divine view of the city of Villach, Austria’s seventh-largest city, located at the confluence of Drau and Gail on the western border of the Klagenfurter Becken, from an altitude of 862 m. Numerous lakes are located in close proximity to the 60,000-inhabitant city.
• Now you’ve crossed the 1000 altitude metres mark and reach the P4 car park Schüttblick. The view of the rockslide area Schütt, which developed after a large earthquake thousands of years ago, is just as impressive as the view of the Julian Alps and numerous summits of the Karawanks.
• Find one of the absolute highlights of the Villach Alpine Road at an altitude of 1,307 m, the Dreiländerblick (P5)! The panorama stretches across Austria, Slovenia and Italy!
• The next stop along the Villach Alpine Road is waiting for you at the P6 car park. The Rote Wand lookout platform offers you a grand view of the abyss of the reddish rock face and a breathtaking clear view of the Karawanks and Julian Alps. Enormous rockslides created this unique spectacle at the southern face of the Dobratsch!