InformationFrom 15.11. 2016 to 15.4.2017 you get information about the current road condition (closure, snow chains) by traffic signs at the beginning of the road.
The Villach Alpine Road
1 Arena Lookout Platform
2 Parkplatz 1
3 Parkplatz 2
4 Parkplatz 3
5 Parkplatz 4
6 Parkplatz 5
7 Parkplatz 6
8 Aussichtsplattform Rote Wand
9 Parkplatz 8
10 Parkplatz 11
11 Dobratsch Gipfel
- Parkplatz 1
- Parkplatz 2
- Parkplatz 3
- Parkplatz 4
- Parkplatz 5
- Parkplatz 6
- Aussichtsplattform Rote Wand
- Parkplatz 8
- Parkplatz 11
- Dobratsch Gipfel
Open during winter season
The Villacher Alpine Road is open!
From 15.11. 2016 to 15.4.2017 you get information about the current road condition (closure, snow chains) by traffic signs at the beginning of the road.
The Villach Alpine Road
Great adventure and panoramic road on the Dobratsch in Carinthia
Highlights during your drive on the Villach Alpine RoadFind out now what makes an excursion to the Dobratsch so special:
- Experience nature: enjoy uniquely beautiful panoramic views in the heart of Dobratsch nature park and the grand view of the largest rockslide region of the Eastern Alps at the southern fold flank of Villach’s landmark mountain. Discover around 800 alpine plants at the Alpengarten.
- Experience views: when you’re on the Rote Wand lookout platform, a unique mountain panorama spreads before your eyes: the Julian Alps, Karawanks and Nockberge seem to be close enough to reach out and touch, and numerous lakes glisten in the sun. The chamois and summit view platform come highly recommended.
- Experience earth’s history: go back very far in time to the formation of the Dobratsch and the entire region over the course of several geological eras on the geological path “Vom Meer zum Berg” (Eng. “From Sea to Mountain”) on the Rosstratte. Enjoy the panoramic view on the relax loungers, delicacies at the Rosstrattenstüberl and the themed children’s playground.
- Experience bird life: the passage migration of around 5,000 honey buzzards in late August not only puts ornithologists under its spell. Learn more about the “king of the air” around the Dobratsch at the Aichingerhütte.
Daytrip for families, motorcyclists, vintage car drivers and nature loversEvery visitor gets their money’s worth along the Villach Alpine Road. A pleasurable driving experience, enjoyment of nature on the walking and hiking trails, play options for children and, last but not least, culinary delights at the huts and mountain inns: find out right now about ticket prices and opening hours of the mountain road in Villach with breathtaking views !
• The Villach Alpine Road: origin and route
• The Dobratsch: history, Alpengarten and summit house
• Dobratsch nature park and hiking region
• Adventure Villach Alpine Road for families
• Motors & tyres: tips for vintage car drivers, motorcyclists and bus tour operators