InformationFrom 15.11. 2016 to 15.4.2017 you get information about the current road condition (closure, snow chains) by traffic signs at the beginning of the road.
The Dobratsch: summit adventure in Villach
Landmark and protective mountain high above Drau and Gail: the popular Villacher Alpe
Read now: interesting facts about the origin of the Dobratsch!
Man and mountain: shepherds, pilgrims and mountaineers on the Dobratsch
Tips for mountaineers of today: the new Dobratsch summit house!
Skiers and car drivers: development of the Dobratsch in the 20th century
Read more about the Alpengarten on the Dobratsch now open for visitors!
Highlights on the Dobratsch – easy to reach on the Villach Alpine Road
• The Alpengarten with 800 different plants in 27 plant patches, open for visitors from early June to late August (car park P6, admission).
• Rote Wand lookout platform: insights into the earth’s history and views of the Karawanks and Julian Alps (P6).
• German church Maria am Stein and Wendish chapel on the Dobratsch summit: visit the two highest pilgrimage churches of the Eastern Alps (walking time from Rosstratte car park P11 around 1.5 hours)! Both churches owe their construction to devout foundations.
• Innovative Dobratsch summit house (former Ludwig-Walter-Haus) from 2010: a modern prime example of passive house construction on the mountain! Beautiful sun terrace with imposing panoramic view, Carinthian delicacies.
• Chamois and summit view platform, easy to reach from the Rosstratte car park (approx. 20 minute walk).
Best go on a trip to the Dobratsch / the Villacher Alpe yourself: the Villach Alpine Road is open to traffic all year. Find out more about the prices and opening hours now!